Tea Time
by Kageri no Miko

She poured the tea gracefully and sat down. It had been over a month since a certain purple haired Masoku had dropped by and she was celebrating with a small party.

"Would you like a cookie, Val?" She asked. He nodded and took a cookie off the plate. They both sat and sipped their tea, enjoying the quiet company of each other.

'It's time.' Val decided. He took Firia's hand and bent down on one knee.

"Firia..." He whispered.

"Yes, Val...?" Firia said softly. 'This is it; I've been waiting for this; he's finally going to ask!' She thought over and over.

"HALLOS!" Xelloss said, popping in on Val's knee. "WAI, IT'S SANTA!" He chirped and, in his chibi form, gave him a big kiss on the cheek. Val growled and punched wildly at the energenic chibi.

"I'LL KILL YOU YET!" Val shouted as Firia reached for her mace. Xel reappeared across the table in his regular form and leered at Firia.

"So why wasn't I invited to this little party?" He asked. For once the Masoku sounded almost serious.

"It was in celebration of your absence..." Firia muttered through gritted teeth, her golden tale whipping around furiously.

"Fi-chan, I'm crushed. Had I known you'd miss me so much, I'd have come around more often. That's it, I'll take a break and stay with yoooou..." He said smiling.

Firia's eyes flared, "YOU WILL NOT!"

"Oh, it's no trouble, anything for you, koi..." Xelloss said happily as he gave the dragon a small peck on the cheek. Firia glowed bright red, then after several tries to smack him away with Mace-sama, changed into a giant, destructive, angry Golden Dragon.

"Ah, I see my work here is done." Xel smiled, "Toodles, love birds!" before disappearing into a cloud of purple smoke. Val looked up at the giant, furious Golden Dragon as she continued her angry assault on anything she could find. After about an hour or two, she calmed down enough to regain her usual form. Val sat in the middle of a small meadow turned desolate wasteland with a small teacup in his hand. Any nearby villagers had scattered, and animals had fled. Firia looked around at all the destruction.

"Oh dear..." She murmured, picking up her teacup. "Now what were you saying, Val?" She asked, taking a large drink. Val's eyes were still wide with shock, as he slowly zoned out. Firia shook him gently. "Well?"

Val, still zoned out, got down on one knee, "Firia."

"Yes, Val..."

"Please pass the sugar."

Owari! ^^

back